5/28/2013

Seriously Disappointing

Alright guys. I'm feeling a little bit defeated. 
Today, I'm gonna need some cheering up from you all.

I've been sick for 4 days, and I've been feeling better today! Good enough to work out, even! 
Then this happened... 

I stubbed my toe, and it ripped off a chunk of skin.

I'll spare you the rest of the graphic details, but basically it hurts to walk... or skip... or dance... 
and worst of all...
IT HURTS TO RUN!

I am beyond furious with myself. 
I'm feeling so ashamed with the fact that I call myself a runner, and I haven't run in over a week.

In the meantime, I joined a DietBet
I gotta say, this website is pretty cool for people like me who depend on financial commitment to hold you to your goals. It's a part of social dieting, which I'm going to post about by the end of the week. 

The specific dietbet I'm doing is a part of the NHerShoes Summer Shred, Round 2!
Unfortunately, registration for it is already closed, but I'll be telling you about my day to day throughout the month of June. If you want to look at the info for it, in the hopes of joining in on the next one, you can find it here. The blogger who posted about it seems super cool, so I'm following her posts now. 
You should all follow her, too!

But anyways, I shall continue to mope on my couch and watch I Love New York because I'm the classiest person you'll ever meet.


2 comments:

  1. You have a legit reason for taking a break. If you run with a busted toe, you are going to be REALLY sorry later. And a week isn't so bad. I know you are holding yourself to a schedule, but think how far ahead you are of people that NEVER run. People like ME! Seriously. You are still a sheroe to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get yourself moving in other ways as you recover from your cold. Crosstraining is part of the program, right? Cycling probably puts less pressure on your toes, and swimming puts practically zero pressure on them. Make sure you keep up the routine of exercising, even if you don't do the workout you intended to do. The routine can be hugely important.

    In other news, I started looking up half marathon training programs today. I'm not sure if you intended it or not but our convo about Alaska the other day got me thinking that if I can commit to that, I should be able to commit to the half with you in January. And I really want to. I never thought I'd do a half, but I'm starting to believe that it's possible now. SO KEEP IT UP AND DON'T BACK OUT ON ME! We're gonna do this together. I'm so proud of you and I love you so much. Stay off of your feet while they heal; there will be plenty of time to get back to pounding the pavement, but don't lose sight of your goal. Miss you love you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete