5/30/2013

I'm BACK and My Cold Is (Mostly) Gone!

Alright everybody! 
I really need to start by saying THANK YOU!
I've been feeling really down on myself this last week, because I was having trouble running while I was traveling for 5 days, and then I got sick, and then I wounded my toe and it all was so overwhelming to me that I felt like I was being forced to quit before I even got to try and meet my short-term goals. 

But you guys have been SO great to me!

I don't know how I earned such awesome friends, but y'all seriously are rocks tars to me. 
Everybody I talked to about how down I was feeling had encouraging things to say. 
Everybody told me that they were so inspired by me, that they'd been trying to change unhealthy habits, that they believed in me, that they KNEW I could do it. 

So THANK YOU!! 
You are all so amazing and you can do anything you set your mind to, and you need to take the advice that you give me and use it yourself! Don't self-sabotage, don't pig out when you don't get a work-out in, it never should be "all or nothing," and you can do this!! 

So today I ran with this chick:

This is my lovely neighbor, and she totally got me out of my rut. She's been in one for the last week, too, so she totally knew my head space on this run. We left the house and were out for about an hour. We did just under 4 miles and ran a little over half of that distance. 

We can dream about doing amazing when we break our ruts, and think that we'll do amazing because we have no sore muscles or reasons to be tired. But the truth is, that's not practical! 

I'm still a teeny bit sick, so my breathing was very labored. I'm sure it could have been easier if I wasn't still sick a little, because, ya know, not having the easiest breathing while being totally still doesn't mean easy breathing while active. But despite beating myself the entire time, I got home and felt really satisfied!

I broke my rut, and that feels great. I'm ready to kick booty, and I can't wait to be back to my full self. Running has really become something that I look forward to, so being able to do it easier is the goal!

My first 5k is a week from Saturday, and I'm really hoping to be my best by then. I want to get back to how I felt 2 weeks ago, and then break through that after my 5k. I don't want to get my expectations too high, so I'm being practical here in saying that I'm not going to amazing for my first 5k. 
BUT!!
I am going to have fun. 

Again, thank you all sooooooo much for your kind words, you have no idea how much it means. 

Good luck and good health to you and yours!!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for your first 5k! Good luck, and get out there and have fun!

    ReplyDelete