5/19/2013

Life and Today's Vacay Workout

That cute little pink car is me.
I was the big loser of this game.
My car is sitting on the "BANKRUPTCY!" square. Haha.

So you might be wondering, "BustyRunner said she's in Connecticut, why's that?" 
And to that I would say, "BECAUSE MY SISTER IS AMAZING AND GRADUATING FROM YALE WITH A MASTERS OF PUBLIC HEALTH TOMORROW!!"
I'm so happy for her!

But like I said before, traveling is hard... 
I'm finding it harder to eat right, my sleep is all wonky, and finding a comfortable time to work out is almost impossible. So I think I might be super dehydrated or something.
The weather is much colder here than I'm used to, so my typical evening run isn't very practical. It's also raining a bit, which I definitely didn't prepare for, so I'm confined to the treadmill at the hotel for this trip. 

Today, I decided to ditch the running again and do some cross training. 

The workout was:
Froggy Jumps (I'm sure the people in the room below me LOVED this) x 15
Controlled Kicks x 20 per leg
Curtsy Lunges x10
Knee Push-ups (I'm still a wimp) x 10
Whip-Ups x 10
Bicycles x 40
Repeat 4 times.

It got my heart rate up a bit, and helped remind my brain that working out is a necessity. 
And I thiiiiiink I might be adjusting my sleep schedule. We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment