6/02/2013

Another Day, Another Run

I started this post yesterday, but I'll finish it up today.

Today I did another run, and I won't lie, it wasn't easy. 
It was in the morning (which I hate), it was hot (which I hate), and I was really sweating (which I also hate).
But it was SO FUN!

My local Fleet Feet was having a special for people in their running groups, where when we came into the store, we could get a free pair of Feetures socks, just by trading in the crappier pair you were wearing. 
Luckily, I was wearing some cheap Puma socks from costco, so I ditched those suckers and got me some shiny new compression socks!

It was part of their new line of winning colors and I got the pair shown in the top right of this picture:
I can't say that I noticed a HUGE difference when I wore them, but my feet weren't sore at all after this run, which is kind of the point. I also didn't have any shin pain, which hypothetically could be attributed to the increased blood-flow which compression gear is known for. 

I also liked that they're blue and green!! :)

In other news, my sister revamped her travel blog! 
My sister is super cool, and now totally kicks ass at crossfit. I am so amazingly proud of her, and this is my equivalent of screaming from the rooftops! She's the fancy lady who just graduated from Yale with a Master's in Public Health because she is super smart and super dedicated to ending the spread of horrible diseases like AIDs and TB. Basically, she's a super-hero. 

Recently, I was feeling really craptastic about not being able to run while I was super sick, and she commented on my post about it and promised to make plans to run the Tinkerbell Half Marathon with me!

I'm beyond happy!

Right now, I'm eating my second lunch. This week, my second lunch consists of Plain 0% Chobani yogurt. It's Greek, so the texture is awesome! I get to jazz it up by adding low-sugar granola, protein powder, and berries (usually strawberries, but today I was feeling like blueberries)! 

Needless to say, I'm loving the diet for this month so far, because I get to eat 6 meals a day which is my total favorite thing to do. Eating is so fun! NOMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

P.S. This is me eating a cucumber instead of popcorn at the movies yesterday. 
Always be classy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment